Transportation to and from school is available. There are a number of buses available to pick up and drop off students on daily basis to different areas of the city. This service is available to students who have registered and paid the required bus fees to the administration. The buses run on a schedule so as to ensure that students arrive punctually for classes in the morning and leave just after school ends. Bus matrons are responsible to make sure that students are present and on the right bus. Faculty members are permitted to use the school buses if provided space is available.
School-owned vehicles are checked for safety on a regular basis and serviced when necessary. In case of servicing during school days, the school provides alternatives like combining 2 close areas one bus if there is space, or renting a bus to ensure the student’s safe arrival and departure.
Transportation fees differ according to areas of residence. Fees are as follows:
- Downtown/Zamalek/Dokki/Agouza/Mohandeseen/Garden City/Tahrir
- Heliopolis/Nasr City/ Hadayek el Ahram/Al Remeya/6th of October City
The bus fees have to be paid at the time of registration for new students and with the first payment for continuing students.
In the event that students are taking part in any after school activities special arrangements are made for these students to be transported home or to previously communicated to parents.
The following rules apply to all students riding school busses:
- The driver is in charge of the students and the bus.
- Students must obey the driver promptly and cheerfully.
- The driver may assign a seat to each student. Students in less desirable seats may move to a second assigned seat for added comfort after the passenger load is lightened if permission is first obtained from the driver and if the bus is not in motion.
- Students must be on time. The bus cannot wait for those that are tardy.
- Unnecessary conversation with the driver is prohibited. Do not talk loudly or distract the driver’s attention. Remember, your safety is in his hands.
- Outside of ordinary conversation, classroom conduct is to be observed.
- Students must not throw waste paper or other garbage on the floor of the bus. Help keep your bus clean and sanitary at all times by using the available trash can.
- Students must not at any time extend arms or head out of the bus windows.
- Students must not try to get on or off the bus or move about within the bus while it is in motion.
- Any damage to the bus is to be reported at once to the driver.
- The buses will arrive at school between 7:40 and 7:50 in the morning and leave the school at 2:30 in the afternoon — or not later than ten minutes after school is dismissed.
- For violation of rules, students may be denied the privilege of riding the bus by the school principal.
- If the misbehavior continues, a student may be removed permanently from the school transportation system.