- All students are expected to attend school and be on time for classes. Students may be excused from attendance only for reasons of personal illness, family emergencies, professional appointments, school-approved religious holidays or certain educational opportunities, staying home to study is not viewed as an acceptable reason to be absent from school.
- If a student is absent due to illness or injury they must provide a doctor’s note on return.
- All other absence or lateness must be accounted for by parent or guardian in a note.
- If a student needs to leave school during the day, a written request from parents or guardian must be given to the principal’s office indicating the time and reason that the student needs to leave school. The principal’s signature must be granted for the student to leave the building.
- An attendance records will be taken at the start of each period. To make sure that all students attend all periods every day.
- Being absent often or for long periods of time will be reviewed. If absence accounts for more than 20% of attendance, the student will be subjected to an attendance investigation. Following which, it will be established whether a student is to continue at BCC.
- All uniforms should be kept clean and smart, and worn in the manner in which they are designed to be worn.
- Summer uniform consists of: half-sleeved navy blue top with the school badge and beige/camel pair of trousers.
- Winter uniform consists of: sleeved navy blue top with the school badge, navy blue hood with the school badge and beige/camel pair of trousers a black pair of shoes.
- Shoes must be smart and black. No trainers will be accepted apart from in PE.
- PE uniform consists of: navy blue sport trousers, white top and black or white pair of trainers.
- Uniforms are worn for field trips and extra-curricular activities.
- Coats or jacket must be navy blue.
- Veils must be Navy Blue.
- Only earrings accepted are solid studs or small hoops.
- No other jewellery or accessories are acceptable and will be confiscated.
Parent/ Teacher Communication Policy
It is not within the staff policy to give out mobile numbers to parents. All communication between parents and teachers will be during parent/teacher meetings. These will be planned and orchestrated through the Department Principals and Co-ordinators. Be insured that our staff are highly qualified to complete the duties and responsibilities regarding your children at American City International School.
Violence and bullying at any level will not be tolerated. Incidents will be treated with the strictest and most serious consequential punishments. It is with in all children’s best interest to create and maintain a safe, secure and nurturing environment.
Arrival and Departure Policy
All children are to be at school by 7:45 AM every school day. Late arrivals disrupt every one, and no students will be accepted through the school gate passed 8:15. Late Vacation of the building also is not accepted, all children should be picked up by 2:00 PM .
Appointment and Meeting Policy
All appointments need to be made by phone call to the Administration Office. You can make your appointments over the phone on Monday and Thursday between the times of 9am and 2pm. No one will be accepted through the school gates without a recorded appointment. This rule has been created to keep all children safe, as well as, to maintain order.
It is parents’ responsibility and duty to make sure that all children complete homework. Home work is given so that children have continuous educational reinforcement not only at school but at home too. Incomplete homework will be recorded and addressed.