ACIS has moved to e-learning/home learning for all students effective March 15th, 2020 till farther notice. ACIS believes it is important to do our part to help reduce the possible spread of the Covid-19 virus. ACIS’s mitigation efforts are consistent with the recommendations given by the World Health Organization and other government health agencies.
This page will continue to be updated as news becomes available. Please check back often to see updates.
Symptoms of Corona Virus
It takes up to 14 days for symptoms of coronavirus to appear.
The most common symptoms of coronavirus are:
When you should call a doctor if you have symptoms
For most people who have these symptoms now, it is much more likely to be an infection that is not coronavirus.
Phone a doctor only if you have symptoms and any of the following apply to you:
- They are the type of symptoms you would usually contact a GP about you have travelled from an affected area.
- You are a close contact of a confirmed case.
Close contact can mean:
- Spending more than 15 minutes face-to-face contact within 2 meters of an infected person.
- Living in the same house of shared accommodation as an infected person.
This is a guide only.
Anyone with symptoms of coronavirus who has been in close contact with a confirmed case in the last 14 days should:
- Isolate themselves from other people – this means going into a different, well-ventilated room alone, with a phone.
- Phone their medical practitioner, or emergency department in a medical emergency (if you have severe symptoms)
- phone 123 here in Egypt for an ambulance.
- For anyone from ACIS please contact our school doctor directly Dr. Ghada
When you may need to be tested for coronavirus
You will need to be tested for coronavirus if you have symptoms and have in the last 14 days been:
- In close contact with a confirmed case of coronavirus
- to a place where there is spread of coronavirus
If your doctor thinks that you need a test for coronavirus, they will tell you where the test will be done. They will also tell you when to expect your results.
- Follow this advice to protect yourself and others from coronavirus.
- Wash your hands properly and often.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough and sneeze.
- Put used tissues into a bin and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid close contact with people who are not well.
- Follow the travel advice issued by WHO and CDC.
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean.
What you need to do
Protect yourself and others from getting sick